I have already talked about Morgan Solar and their Simba Panels. They updated their website and put some new photos of the panels.
It seems that those panels seems to be more efficient then traditional solar panels, because their performance is between 24 and 28% of efficiency. Which is very good.
Some of the advantages of the panesl over traditional solar panels:
- Uses significantly less materials.
- Mainly aluminum and acrylic – widely available low cost commodities.
- No need for active cooling.
- Reduced wind loading allows for lighter, less expensive tracking systems.
- Manufactured by simple automated processes.