The great ideas are often simple. When you have solar PV panels to produce electricity – you produce electricity. Or when you have solar water heaters – you produce hot water for your need. A company I want you to introduce is making a solar system which is generating electricity AND capturing the heat of the sun for solar thermal at the same time.
The SolarDuct is a new device that uses sunlight to heat air before it enter a ventilator. They are modular units that can be installed on buildings with flat roofs.
- Improves PV system return on investment
- Generates both electricity and heat energy.
- Total operating efficiency above 50%
- Cools the PV cells to reduce heat related drop in output.
- Can be configured for any PV module
- SolarWall air heating panels serve as the racking system needed to mount the PV modules
- Angled at an ideal orientation for maximum solar gain
- Offsets heating & electricity costs
- Huge reduction in CO2 emissions
The technology which was invented is known as “SolarWall”. was adopted by the U.S. Department of Energy as being in the “top two percent of energy related inventions”.