The corean auto producer Hyundai presented at the Chicago auto show their future car. Fuel cell powered car with electric engine. The i-Blue shows a significant step towards commercialization of Hyundai fuel cell vehicles. It’s already the third-generation fuel cell technology, currently being developed at Hyundai’s Eco-Technology Research Institute in Mabuk, Korea.
- The i-Blue is powered by a 100 kW electric engine and fuel cell stack.
- Fuel tank capacity: 115-liter tank.
- Maximum distance without refueling: more than 370 miles
- The maximum speed : more than 100 miles per hour.
Other features :
- an aircraft-like steering wheel that integrates touch-scroll control pads,
- 3D vision heads-up display (HUD) – provides essential information for the driver at eye level
- a full-surround camera system that provides a virtual picture of the vehicle and its surroundings; and side- and rear-view monitors.
Hyundai is actually working toward mass production of hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicles in the next decade.
Source: Green Energy News
Tags: electric car environement friendly hybrid cars renewable sources renewable energies
If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS.